2022 Ford Explorer Review
The Ford Explorer has been a dependable SUV for decades. It’s the perfect fit for family road trips, adventures off the beaten path, and your day-to-day drives.To help drivers in Flushing, Flint, and Swartz Creek, MI, learn more about what it has to offer, LaFontaine Ford of Flushing has put together this 2022 Ford Explorer review.
With three rows of seats and lots of storage space, the 2022 Ford Explorer is an SUV that can carry everything you need. It features seating for seven and plenty of space to stretch your legs. Folding seats are standard in both the second row and the third row, so you won’t have to pack lightly either.
The dimensions of this versatile SUV include:
- Passenger Volume: 152.7 cubic feet
- Cargo Volume Behind Row (front/middle/rear): 87.8 cubic feet/47.9 cubic feet/18.2 cubic feet
- Headroom (front/middle/rear): 40.7 inches/40.5 inches/38.9 inches
- Legroom (front/middle/rear): 43 inches/39 inches/32.2 inches
In addition to all that space, you can make your 2022 Explorer feel even more open, with the available twin-panel moonroof that runs the length of the cabin.
Safety Features & Technology
The 2022 Ford Explorer offers peace of mind, with state-of-the-art driver assist technology. Ford Co-Pilot360™ comes standard on every trim level to give you more awareness while you drive.
This system includes advanced safety features, such as:
- Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking
- BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) with Cross-Traffic Alert
- Auto High-Beam Headlamps
- Lane-Keeping System
You’ll also get a better look at what’s behind your SUV when you’re backing up thanks to the standard Rear View Camera. When you put the Explorer into reverse, the available 10.1-inch dashboard monitor switches to a live look at what’s behind you.
When you’re not reversing, this large touchscreen is the home of the SYNC® 3 infotainment system. It offers cutting-edge tech that’ll help you stream music, safely make hands-free calls, and get turn-by-turn directions.
Some its useful features include:
- Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ integration
- SiriusXM® Satellite Radio
- Available Voice-Activated Navigation System
- Available FordPass™ 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot
Specs & Capability
So, what powers this safe and spacious SUV? The 2022 Ford Explorer gives you a choice between three impressive powertrains. Each one offers enough output to tow a trailer and power through the elements.
Your options under the hood include:
- 2.3L EcoBoost® I4 that produces up to 300 horsepower and 310 lb-ft of torque
- 3.0L EcoBoost® V6 that produces up to 400 horsepower and 415 lb-ft of torque
- 3.3L Hybrid V6 that produces up to 318 horsepower and 322 lb-ft of torque
All three engines come with standard rear-wheel drive; however, intelligent 4-wheel drive is also available. These powertrains also feature a versatile 10-speed automatic transmission.
The hybrid powertrain gives you the freedom to cover a lot of ground before you’ll have to stop for gas. The 3.0L EcoBoost® gives you the most towing power, with a towing capacity of 5,600 pounds when properly equipped.
Plus, it’s built with a high ground clearance, so you can get up and over anything that stands in your way. While most trims sit 7.9 inches off the ground, the rugged Timberline trim hits the trails with an 8.66-inch clearance.
Test Drive the Family Friendly Ford Explorer
From its expansive cabin to its safety and capability, the Ford Explorer offers so much to families in Flushing, Flint, and Swartz Creek, Michigan.
Visit LaFontaine Ford of Flushing to learn more about our 2022 Ford Explorer review or contact us to schedule a test drive.